Donate to Sport
Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan is a non-profit organization and is truly thankful to our grant organizations, community partners, and membership for the continued support.
The following programs and iniative help reduce barriers and bring sport to more SK residents. Your support will help current and future participants to get involved, grow and pursue their dreams.
Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan has partnered with the National Sport Trust Fund (NSTF) to help develop amateur sport in Saskatchewan.
A charitable tax receipt can be provided to the donor for qualifying donations.
Notes about donations:
- Consistent with the income tax interpretations of “qualifying donations”, your contribution is made voluntarily without any conditions and no benefit will accrue to you (or related parties) as a result of your donation.
- Your donation does not or will not reduce any obligation, directly or indirectly that the donor (or related parties) have for “non-qualifying” expenses; such as membership, training, or program registration fees, travel expenses or other like expenses that the donor would normally be required to pay to the recipient sport organization or any related or affiliated body.
Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan NSTF Projects
CKS has three projects approved with the NSTF and can accept donation support for those projects.
SK:08:003 – Flatwater Capital Fund
This fund has been developed to assist with the purchase of capital equipment for the use of all provincial athletes as well as the necessary equipment for the transporting of boats to regional and national training and competition events.
SK:09:002 – Marathon Canoe Equipment Fund
This fund will be used to purchase marathon canoes and kayaks for use by Saskatchewan paddlers.
SK:08:004 – Flatwater Athlete Trust Fund
This fund has been developed to provide financial support to high performance athletes. It can be accessed by athletes to assist with the costs related to training and competition such as national team trials, provincial & national training camps & events, national & international competitions.
CKS Member Clubs/Organization NSTF Projects
The following are projects created by CKS Member Clubs/Organizations that are approved by NSTF:
Saskatoon Rowing, Racing Canoe & Canoe Clubs – Victoria Dock Enhancement Project:
NSTF Project #: SK:22:002
Saskatoon Racing Canoe Club Equipment Upgrade Campaign
NSTF Project #: SK:14:003
Wascana Racing Canoe Club Canoe & Kayak Development
NSTF Project #: SK:16:010
Wascana Racing Canoe Club Equipment Fund
NSTF Project #: SK:09:008
YCKC Equipment/Coaching/Facilities Fund
NSTF Project #: SK:20:005
NSTF Donation Process
- Visit https://www.sasksport.ca/donate/national-sport-trust-fund/
- Select either a “One-time Donation” or “Recurring Donation”
- Click on the window “I want to support” and select the project you wish to donate to
- Complete the required information & click the “Give Securely” button
- Download & Print the “NSTF Donor Form” available here: Donor Form
- On the form, please write the project you wish to support and the appropriate code: Ex: SK:08:003 – Flatwater Capital Fund
- Complete the required information
- Make cheques payable to the National Sport Trust Fund
- Send your complete form and cheque to: National Sport Trust Fund, 1870 Lorne Street, Regina, SK S4P 2L7
More information on NSTF
Want more information about NSTF and to see if you qualify?
Visit SaskSports website: https://www.sasksport.ca/donate/information-for-sport-organizations/
Sask Sport Contact
Fund Development Manager
Churchill River Water Trail Legacy Project
In 2019, the STA partnered with the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport, Churchill River Outfitters, volunteers and the local community to launch the Churchill River Water Trail Legacy Project. The Churchill River Water Legacy Project is an initiative that will facilitate stewardship and lead to a cleaner environment along with providing an enhanced visitor experience. This project is a wonderful opportunity to promote trail development in the north and showcase how important trails are in every community to both the natural environment, its inhabitants, and travelers.
For more information: https://sasktrails.ca/getinvolved/#agm
More ways to support Amateur sport in Saskatchewan:
GIVE KIDS A CHANCE CHARITY INC.
Give Kids A Chance Charity Inc. (GKACCI) is a registered charity (#80411 8677 RR 0001) that serves children in Saskatchewan who face barriers to participation, such as access to facilities, transportation and lack of nutrition. We leverage community resources and create partnerships to increase accessibility for children and youth to access structured sport, culture, and recreation activities in their communities. The current programs supported include:
- Dream Brokers
- Northern Community & School Recreation Coordinator Program (NC&SRCP)
To donate: https://www.givekidsachancecharity.ca/help/140-donations
Founded in 2005, Jumpstart helps kids overcome financial and accessibility barriers to sport and recreation in an effort to provide inclusive play for kids of all abilities.
KidSport Saskatchewan: https://kidsportcanada.ca/saskatchewan/
“Together with our network of local chapters, we provide grants to help cover the costs of enrolment so that all kids aged 5-18 years in Saskatchewan can play a season of sport.”
To Donate: https://www.givekidsachancecharity.ca/about/programs/kidsport/29-help/148-kidsport-donations
Information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org