Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan (CKS) is the provincial sport governing body for the sport of canoe-kayak in the province. CKS promotes participation in canoe-kayak sports and advances excellence through development, funding and support for athletes, coaches, volunteers and officials in Saskatchewan.
Working in partnership with CKS and the Provincial Coach South, the Provincial Coach North will primarily be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the provincial sprint high performance training program. This will include developmental programs aimed at increasing the pool of high performance athletes at the Saskatoon Racing Canoe Club and northern paddling clubs in the province.
The following competencies will be assessed through both a written assignment and an oral
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in a team environment.
- Developing others
- Creative thinking
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Team leadership
- Analytical thinking
NCCP Competition Development is required. If this certification is not satisfied at the time of hiring, the successful candidate must provide a written plan for completing the
certification requirement by February 2021 as a condition of hiring.
Successful applicants will need to provide:
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector check, current within 3 months.
- Respect in Sport certification number.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The preferred employment agreement will run January 1st, 2021 to Dec 31st, 2021.
- This is a full time salaried position.
- The provincial coach north will be based out of Saskatoon and will report to the CKS Executive Director and work closely with the CKS Excellence & Coach and Officials
- The provincial coach must be available to work flexible work hours including weekend and evenings.
- Travel is required at the local, provincial, and national level.
Remuneration will commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter demonstrating how they meet the identified competencies along with a resume by November 4th, 2020 to:
Greg Laroque, CKS Executive Director
Only electronic submissions will be accepted