The Weyburn and District Canoe and Kayak Club (WDCKC) is looking for part – time paddling supervisors this summer at Nickle Lake, Saskatchewan. The paddling supervisors will have the opportunity to rent paddling equipment and assist the head coach at the Janice Stafford Memorial Boathouse at Nickle Lake, Saskatchewan. We strongly encourage students interested in working this summer to send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com prior to May 31, 2017.
To assist the head coach with paddling programs offered by WDCKC and to rent paddling equipment from the boathouse at Nickle Lake Regional Park.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills with participants and parents
- Maintain an overall professional, safe, positive attitude and atmosphere
- Willingness to take on miscellaneous tasks, maintaining equipment and facilities, repairing equipment
- Support head coach development programs
- Ensure all participants are aware of club rules and follow all safety guidelines
- Ability to handle money, make receipts and keep files organized of membership and boat rental forms.
- Keep in contact with Board and direct supervisor regularly regarding any issues, or needs of the club, the programs or the facilities.
- Submit timesheets to supervisor on preset dates
Experience and Certifications
- Student returning to school
- First Nations and those who identify as a visible minority are welcome to apply
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to work well in cooperation with others and alone
- A good swimmer
- Canoe Kids
- Respect in Sport
- First Aid, CPR Certification
- Motorboat License
- Excellent organizational skills
- the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fully charged cell phone – For emergency use ONLY! (waterproof/floating case provided)
- Wage $10.50/hr
- Positions available will be based upon funding grants received by the WDCKC