CANOE KAYAK SASKATCHEWAN
PROVINCIAL COACH – NORTH
Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan (CKS) is the provincial sport governing body for the sport of canoe-kayak in the province. CKS promotes participation in canoe-kayak sports and advances excellence through development, funding and support for athletes; coaches; officials; and volunteers in Saskatchewan.
Working in partnership with CKS and the Provincial Coach-South, the Provincial Coach-North will primarily be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the provincial sprint high-performance training program. This will include developmental programs aimed at increasing the pool of high-performance athletes at the Saskatoon Racing Canoe Club and northern paddling clubs in the province.
The following competencies will be assessed through both a written assignment and an oral interview:
• Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in a team
• Developing others
• Creative thinking
• Decision making
• Planning and organizing
• Team leadership
• Analytical thinking
• NCCP Competition Development is required.
• Successful applicants will need to provide:
o Criminal record and vulnerable sector check, current within 3 months
o Respect in Sport certification number
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The preferred employment agreement will run from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020
• This is a full time, salaried, position
• The provincial coach-north will be based out of Saskatoon and will report to the CKS Executive Director
• The provincial coach must be available to work flexible work hours including weekends and evenings
• Travel is required at the local, provincial, and national level
• Submitted applications will be kept on file for future job postings and opportunities
• Remuneration will commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter demonstrating how they meet the identified competencies along with a resume by September 22, 2017 to:
Kia Schollar, CKS Executive Director
Only electronic submissions will be accepted