- This competition will be used to determine nominations for membership on the 2017 Canada Summer Games Canoe/Kayak Team.
- The date of the trials is Saturday June 17th, 2017.
- Races will begin at 9 am.
- The venue will be Wascana Lake in Regina.
- The format will include individual starts for the 200m, 500m and 1000m races. Based on the results of the individual starts, the fastest nine athletes will be seeded into a 9-boat final. If there are 9 or less athletes entered in these events, there will be no individual starts and the event will go straight to a final.
- The nominations to the team will be based on Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan’s, Canada Summer Games Selection Criteria. The criteria can be found here.
- The competition is open to all athletes registered with a recognized sprint member club whose permanent residence has been in Saskatchewan for at least 180 days prior to the trials (December 19, 2016) and who will be under 21 years of age as of January 1st, 2017 (birth year 1996 or later).
- To be eligible to compete, all entrants must be a member in good standing with their club and with Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan.
- To be eligible to compete, all entrants must complete and submit an entry form. The athlete must sign this entry form or their legal guardian sign where the athlete is less than 18 years of age.
- To be eligible to compete, all entrants must be approved by their club coach or where one does not exist one of the provincial coaches.
- A final schedule will be produced after receipt of entries.
The preliminary program is as follows:
Men & Women 1000m Individual Start, Finals K-1, C-1
Men & Women 500m Individual Start, Finals K-1, C-1
Men & Women 200m Individual Starts, Final K-1, C-1
Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan reserves the right to change the published race schedules and the advancement format to provide the fairest possible racing conditions to all participating athletes. The competition will be run with modified CKC racing rules. Please see the official registration package for more details, registration forms and consent forms. If you have not already done so, please submit a signed CKS Code of Conduct.
Please review the Canada Summer Games Selection Criteria in advance of the competition.
- The registration deadline for this competition is Friday, June 1st, 2017. Completed registrations must be received in the Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan office by 5:00 pm. After that, any late entries will only be accepted if a lane is available. Your cooperation is appreciated, as it is necessary to allocate lanes and prepare the program. Please submit your entry on time to avoid disappointment.
- An entry fee of $25.00 must be submitted to Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan on or before June 1st, 2017.
- A meeting of competition organizers and coaches will be held at 7:00 am on June 17th at the Canada Games Center at Wascana Lake. The purpose of the meeting is to provide final competition details, to clarify any questions regarding selection criteria and to confirm entries.
- Please direct any inquiries to Kia Schollar, CKS Executive Director at 306.975.7002. It would be helpful if inquiries regarding selection criteria were addressed prior to June 17th.