Saskatoon Racing Canoe Club (SRCC) is seeking an energetic, positive and engaging Coach to lead its Development Programs in the May to August period. The successful candidate will be committed to growing the SRCC membership base, increasing participation rates in all SRCC programs and delivering all programs with the safety, health and well-being of every participant as the priority mandate.
The Development Coach will work on a full-time basis under the day-to-day direction of the Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan Provincial Coach – North (CKS PC-N). The CKS PC-N acts as the SRCC Coaching Lead and is responsible to the SRCC Executive Committee for all SRCC sprint racing programs.
The Development Coach role will be attractive to individuals who have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, are comfortable leading others, seek increasing levels of autonomy and responsibility, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
ROLE: SRCC Development Coach
TERM: Full-Time – 40 hours/week for 16 weeks from May 7 to August 19.
The successful candidate will work split shifts from Monday to Saturday and will work up to seven weekends at Prairie Division regattas. Most regattas will be staged outside of Saskatoon.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Coaching Certifications: Respect in Sport, Ethical Decision Making, Canoe Kids, ELCC
Experience: Three years of coaching experience with one year in a program leadership role.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Leading SRCC’s Community & School Outreach programs at the SRCC boathouse and in communities in close proximity to Saskatoon. (Primarily in May and June.)
- Leading the SRCC Introductory Learn-To Program team of instructors.
- Leading SRCC’s Competitive, Learn to Race and Novice racing programs in the daily training environment and in competitions. The CKS PC-N will work collaboratively with the Development Coach in the shared delivery of daily training sessions to athletes in the Competitive
- In the occasional absence of the CKS PC-N, overseeing daily training sessions for SRCC’s High Performance
- Working collaboratively with the instructors of the SRCC Day Camps to transition camp participants into SRCC racing programs.
- Mentoring SRCC’s young coaches (certified Canoe Kids instructors) as they deliver basic instruction to novice athletes.
- Other assigned duties required to ensure the effective operation of all SRCC programs.
REMUNERATION: Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
Email a cover letter and resume to Carla Dyck, SRCC Vice-Commodore.
email@example.com Please include your expected remuneration in the cover letter.