Executive Director Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan – Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan
Post date: Mar. 16, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 6, 2018
Executive Director – Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors, Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan
Location: Saskatoon or Regina. Other major Saskatchewan center may be considered.
Job type: Full Time
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
Scope of Position
The Executive Director is responsible for managing all aspects of service and support within Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan including administration, aligning resources, and working effectively with delivery partners.
• Initiative – Proven ability to take initiative, Identifying and dealing with issues proactively, seizing opportunities;
• Communication – Effective listening skills, proven oral and written communication presentation skills and fosters open communication, including the ability to develop and oversee the policy development;
• Planning and Organizing – Superior organization skills, defining tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, ensuring the optimal use of resources;
• Adaptability – Readily adapts and adjusts behavior to effectively and efficiently deal with new information, changing situations and environments; • Team Leadership – Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and advanced teamwork skills with the capacity to work collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results;
• Organizational and Environmental Awareness – Understands the workings, structure and culture of the organization as well as the political, social and economic issues.
• Stewardship of Resources – Management skills necessary to effectively steward the organization’s resources, both human and financial, within the organization’s budget;
• Creative Thinking – Demonstrates creative thinking, questions conventional approaches, explores alternatives and responds to challenges with innovative solutions;
• Developing Others – Actively creates a supportive environment fostering the development of others;
• Influence – Superior ability to influence, including gaining support from and convincing others to advance the objectives of the organization; and
• Stress Management – Competence to maintain effectiveness in the face of stress. Primary Roles and Responsibilities Community Development
• Developing and managing professional liaison with all levels of sport governing bodies and with the provincial clubs.
• Facilitate volunteer recruitment, training and development to increase District Capacity (i.e. Saskatchewan Games programs, NCCP, etc.);
• Build leadership capacity for canoe-kayak sports by linking organizations and community groups to resources available;
• Promote the benefits of canoe-kayak sport participation to Saskatchewan communities and organizations to advocate for sport development.
• Assist and support the coordination of communications;
• Promoting the organization and its programs in the media, and to the public, and managing the image of the organization in a senior public relations role;
• Active participation on committees and boards that pertain to the position (i.e. Canoe Kayak Canada Meetings, CKS Board Meetings, Committee meetings, Sask Sport meetings etc.);
• Promote the objectives of the organization through establishing positive working relationships with provincial coaches, officials, volunteers, membership, Board and committees, sport organizations and national sport governing bodies;
• Nurture partnerships with key organizations to support sport development and avoid duplication (i.e. clubs, schools, etc.); developing and maintaining professional liaison with the sport, recreation and culture communities in support of issues of mutual concern;
• Participate in community functions, conferences, and gatherings to build relations and further promote CKS activities.
• Play a leadership role in developing policies, guidelines and procedures to support the effective administration and delivery of key areas of responsibility;
• Ensuring adequate record-keeping in all areas of operations;
• Overseeing the arrangement of all Board meetings held by the organization, and ensuring all pertinent information is circulated to the Board and/or committees in a timely manner;
• Oversee and support strategic and operation planning based on provincial and national canoe-kayak sport initiatives;
• Coordinate and support Board development initiatives;
• Manage all permanent, part-time, contract staff and volunteers;
• Ensure required human resource policies exist on file and are implemented within CKS;
• Assisting the Board in implementing volunteer management policies and practices;
• Participate in professional development opportunities;
• Implement Board policies and directives regarding financial management and advising the Board and committees on financial priorities and budget matters where appropriate.
• Manage the daily operation, budget and capital assists of the organization;
• Coordinate the collection of material and presentation of the annual budget and report;
• Prepare funding requests for Sask Lotteries Trust Fund and other funding agencies;
• Develop processes to regularly monitor and evaluate initiatives against stated goals, objectives and outcomes;
• Other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in kinesiology, sport, culture or recreation administration (or a relevant discipline) or a strong combination of relevant training and experience.
• Knowledge and experience in program planning and delivery, partnership development, policy development, data collection and evaluation.
• Minimum of three years experience working in sport, culture, recreation management or a related field associated with community development.
• Experience with computer software and data collection.
• Full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent
• Flexible hours. Travel as well as evening and weekend work will be required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle • Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Apply in confidence by sending a cover letter and resume by 6, April 2018 to:
Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org (please reference job title in email) Or Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan
Re: Executive Director – Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan Inc.
Sask Sport Inc. 1870 Lorne St. Regina, SK S4P 2L7
Deadline to receive applications is midnight Friday, April 6th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.